As the economy seems to be improving and production is starting to show signs of life again, now is a good time to review your barrel or vibratory tumbling process to optimize efficiency. Here are a few issues to consider:
- Perform maintenance on machine – check electrical system, grease bearings, clean bowl/tub and check lining
- Check separating screen deck (if any) for cracks and secure to vibe
- How old is tumbling media and how much has it worn down?
- Make sure load is still tumbling properly and bowl or barrel is filled to appropriate level
- Compare parts finish to previous batches to confirm results continue to be consistent
- Review recirculating system and age of compound.
- Confirm proper solution flow rate and clean nozzles and pumps.
Adding some or all of these checks as part of a periodic maintenance program will keep your process consistent, efficient and productive.