Below are some quick guidelines for wet barrel tumbling for both deburring and polishing operations:
- Fill the barrel about half full with media and parts.
- Use a ratio of 3 or 4 to 1 (by volume) of media to parts.
- Dilute the tumbling compound to use a solution of about 2 ounces per gallon of water.
- Add enough solution to level of the load.
- Change the solution with each batch to keep the parts, process and media clean.
Of course, these are strictly guidelines and modifications based on any specific application or process is often needed (and recommended).