A quick list of applications and uses for Coarse (10/40 mesh) Crushed Glass Grit:
- Bridges – heavy paint and coatings
- Tanks – outside welds, rust
- Pipelines – rust and oxidation
- Water towers – paint, rust
- Ship hull blasting – welds, paint, oxidation
- Barges – clean-up, surface preparation
- Heavy, industrial equipment – tractors, front-end loaders, snow plows
- Structural steel – surface profiling, oxidation removal
Coarse Crushed Glass Grit can be used for many applications and reasons (not just the short list here). The 10/40 mesh size is the most aggressive and can provide a 2-3 mil profile on many surfaces. Please share your experiences with Crushed Glass Grit in the comments to this post.
A list of applications for the finer sizes to come on the next post.