Kramer Industries, Inc. Mass Finishing Equipment and Supplies. 1-888-515-9443 Home Home Home ShopTalk Blog Search Help Cart Contact
Right From The Start - Call us at 1-888-515-9443
ShopTalk Forum

Excess water removal using a tubular Rotary Screen Separator

What's the best way to separate parts from media? Find out how others are doing it.

Excess water removal using a tubular Rotary Screen Separator

Postby jbird68 » Wed May 19, 2004 3:52 pm

I have been working on a project to reduce the amount of water left on parts coming off of a plating line. In the past we have used a Tubular Rotary style separator in our press department to separate trim rings from our stamped parts. I had the idea of using a similar design to remove the excess water off of our plated parts. Since you are making this style of separator I thought I might pick your brain a bit. I have a few questions:

1) If you put paddles on the inside of your perforated tube, will they carry the parts half way up and let them fall to the bottom? Some of our parts are "Cup-Shaped" and tend to hold more water than other parts.

2) How low to the ground can you build one of your separators? The bottom of the hopper at the end of the plating line is 28" off the floor.

3) Can you use an air knife mounted through the center of the tube to blow off excess water? And if so, will the air knife just blow the parts around and not actually blow off the water?

There are probably more questions but I can't think of them all right now.

Sincerely,
Jay Johnson
Manufacturing Engineer
Frantz Manufacturing Company
Sterling, IL 61081
jbird68

screen off water from parts.

Postby rmkramer » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:19 pm

We have made exactly what you describe for other customers. The TRS 1 or 2 can be fitted with an "air knife" to blow off the water. We often add fins to turn the parts over. If you can tell us the volume of parts and basic size, we can send a quote for the proper size unit for your needs. rmkramer
rmkramer

Return to Part Separation

• Barrel Finishing Systems
  • Vibratory Finsihing Systems
  • Blasting Systems
  • Abrasive Media
  • Tumbling Media
  • Chemical Compounds
  • Parts Separating Systems
  • KramerThinksGreen
  • Finishing Guides
  • Applications
  • Newsworthy
  • Repairs and Services
  • Material Safety Data Sheets
  • Catalog
  • Ordering Information
  • Guarantee
  • Newsletter
  • About Kramer
  • Contact Us
  • We specialize in customizing systems, products and procedures. There are many options and custom systems available. If you don't see something on our web site, please contact us.

1-888-515-9443

• Secured by Rapid SSL. 128 bit SSL Security. $10,000 Warranty.