Kramer Industries, Inc. Mass Finishing Equipment and Supplies. 1-888-515-9443 Home Home Home ShopTalk Blog Search Help Cart Contact
Right From The Start - Call us at 1-888-515-9443
ShopTalk Forum

Mounted Buffer

Discussions about buffing equipment and techniques.

Mounted Buffer

Postby sparts » Thu May 08, 2003 11:15 am

We now use 3 HP Baldor buffers mounted to a bench to polish aluminum parts approximately the size of your hand, sometimes with heavy machine lines. We're having a problem with some of the parts getting ripped out of the hands of the operator. I'm looking to secure the part in a vise and take the buff to the part. I can't find any hand-held buffers that would work like the bench type. A car buffer isn't what I'm looking for. Any ideas?
sparts

Buff block

Postby emkayss » Thu May 15, 2003 10:11 am

In the past, we devised a slotted backstop mounted in the lower half of the buff. The slot is big enough for the wheel, but will stop the piece from being thrown under and back by the wheel. With this stop in place, the part can only go a few inches and is stopped.
Steve
sschneider@KramerIndustriesOnline.com
emkayss

Postby sparts » Thu May 15, 2003 12:31 pm

I'm thinking more in terms of something like a flex shaft hand-held buff, but i need to get more info to see if one is made with enough guts to take out the machine lines. Thanks for the reply emkayss
sparts

Re: Mounted Buffer

Postby Quincy_5 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:50 am

Nice post! thanks for sharing.
Quincy_5

Return to Buffing

• Barrel Finishing Systems
  • Vibratory Finsihing Systems
  • Blasting Systems
  • Abrasive Media
  • Tumbling Media
  • Chemical Compounds
  • Parts Separating Systems
  • KramerThinksGreen
  • Finishing Guides
  • Applications
  • Newsworthy
  • Repairs and Services
  • Material Safety Data Sheets
  • Catalog
  • Ordering Information
  • Guarantee
  • Newsletter
  • About Kramer
  • Contact Us
  • We specialize in customizing systems, products and procedures. There are many options and custom systems available. If you don't see something on our web site, please contact us.

1-888-515-9443

• Secured by Rapid SSL. 128 bit SSL Security. $10,000 Warranty.